This policy applies to all the visitors/users of Reliance MedLab website.
Reliance MedLab shall collect and use your information without providing you with advance notice and do not require your consent to make such disclosure and your information shall be used by us for legitimate business.
Purposes in order:
- That a visitor may download product information, order products and take advantage of certain other features of Reliance MedLab website
- To provide information or interactive services through this website, to the visitor's e-mail address or, where the visitor wishes it to be sent by post, to the visitor's postal address
- To seek the visitor's feedback or to contact the visitor in relation to the services offered on Reliance MedLab website
- To process orders or applications submitted by the visitor
- To prevent an emergency, to protect or enforce our rights, to protect or enforce the rights of a third party, or as required or permitted by law (including, without limitation, to comply with a subpoena or court order)
- To anticipate and resolve problems with any goods or services supplied to the visitor
- To create products or services that may meet the visitor's needs
- To process and respond to requests, improve Reliance MedLab operations, and communicate with visitor/s about Reliance MedLab products, services and businesses
- To allow the visitor to subscribe to Reliance MedLab news alerts
- To offer diagnostic services on samples provided by client/patient for which client/patient consents to the usage of his/her personal data (including sensitive personal data). The samples may further be used for academic purposes and research activities which will be beneficial for advancement of medical science
- To provide the services that you have requested us in the TRF (Transfer Requisition Form) either directly or through our Business Associate
Information collected from the Users
We accumulate the following "personal information" or sensitive personal data or information ("SPDI") about you online when you voluntarily provide it to us through our website.
Personal information is information related to a visitor, or a combination of pieces of information that could reasonably allow him to be identified. Personal information may consist of :
- Full name and date of birth, Gender, Mobile Number, Email Address, Residential Address, Physical, physiological and mental health condition, Medical records and history, Biometric information
- Any detail relating to the above personal information categories as provided to Reliance MedLab for providing service
- Any of the information received under above personal information categories by Reliance MedLab for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise. Please note that any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as sensitive personal information
Usage of User's data / information:
Reliance MedLab primarily collects and stores the personal information, as would be provided by you in the course of creating your account/ profile as well as accessing and using the services provided by the Company through the Website. With regards to creating an account/ profile and registering on the Website, the Company would generally process your name, phone number, e-mail address, age, date of birth, health status, medical reports history, medication history, account information like user name, password and device information like preferences, time zone, uploaded images, location data, etc.
Disclosure of collected information:
Company will not disclose your Personal Information unless the Company has received your permission or Company is required to disclose such Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and lawful requests by any governmental authorities.
While posting to public areas of the website, please remember that if you post any of your Personal Information in public areas of the Website such as in online forums or chat rooms, or in the Website's searchable database, such information may be collected and used by others over whom we have no control. We are not responsible for the use made by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of Website.
Our Website may contain links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website over which the Website has no control and will bear no responsibility. Often these websites require you to enter your Personal Information. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such websites as their policies may differ from ours. You agree that we shall not be liable for any breach of your privacy of Personal Information or loss incurred by your use of these websites.
Usage and disclosure of your report:
- We may disclose your report to the physicians and other authorized health care professionals who need to access your laboratory report to treat you.
- We may use your report with our billing department and may disclose it to insurance companies, hospitals, physicians or to third parties for payment purpose. Our employees are bound by Code of Conduct and Confidentiality Policies which obligate them to protect the confidentiality of personal information.
- We may use or disclose your report in the course of activities necessary to support our health care operations, such as performing quality checks on our testing, for teaching purposes, or for developing normal reference ranges for tests that we perform.
- We may disclose your reports to other companies or individuals who need your reports in order to provide specific services to us. These other entities, known as "business associates," must comply with the terms of a contract designed to ensure that they will maintain the privacy and security of the reports / data we provide to them or which they create on our behalf.
- We may also share your personal information with Government agencies or other authorized law enforcement agencies (LEAs) mandated under law to obtain such information for the purpose of verification of identity or for prevention, detection, investigation including but not limited to cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences.
- We may disclose your reports to Health Department or any other Govt. body or regulatory authority as and when required by them for collection, processing health information of the state / country.
- To support our health care operations, such as performing quality checks on your testing, for teaching purposes, or for developing normal reference ranges for the tests we perform.
- To respond to summons, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Retention, processing and storage of information:
Reliance MedLab shall retain information for only as long as necessary to meet legal or regulatory requirements or for legitimate business purposes as mentioned in this policy. Reliance MedLab has implemented required security practices and standards in line with the global standards and have a comprehensive documented information security program and policy in place, which contains managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures that commensurate with the information assets being protected with Reliance MedLab's nature of business. It is being reviewed periodically to keep pace with business, technology and regulatory changes.
Payment related information:
Please note that the Company does not access, store or keep any payment related data or information. All payment transactions happen using Secure Server Software through third party payment gateways and the Company does not have any control over the payment transactions, except for directing you to the payment gateway. Accordingly, the Company shall in no way be responsible or liable for any loss or damage due to any disclosure of your payment related information.
The Company hereby disclaims all its liability and shall in no way be liable or responsible for any loss or damage caused to you on account of intentional or unintentional disclosure of any Personal Information concerning your account and/or any information with respect to the online payment transaction using the credit card/debit card/cash card/net-banking/mobile wallet/UPI, etc. and/or the payment verification process.
Limitation of liability
Reliance MedLab hereby disclaims any and all liability with regards to the accuracy, completeness and or suitability of the content and information as is provided on the website and any information and/or content that may be provided thereon from time to time. Reliance MedLab expressly disclaims any liability, whether in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with your access or use or inability to access or use of the website or reliance on its content, or any failure of performance, interruption, defect, delay in transmission, computer viruses or other harmful components, or line or system failure associated with the website, regardless of our knowledge thereof. Reliance MedLab shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property as a result of your access to, use of, or browsing in the website or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from this website.
Reliance MedLab generally accepts industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use industry best practices to protect your personal information, we do not guarantee its absolute security. Further, we disclaim any liabilities to that effect.
Reliance MedLab reserves the rights to modify or renew this policy at any time by placing a notice on our site. Any kind of modification shall come into effect immediately upon posting to this site. We reserve the right to revise this privacy statement at any time, so please study it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you through email or by means of a notice on our homepage.
Governing law and dispute resolution
Feedback or concern